Statistical Consultant in Munich, Germany
Please consider the following job opening:
The Core Facility Statistical Consulting at the Helmholtz Zentrum
München supports scientists with respect to statistical aspects of their
research. In order to extend our current service offer, we are looking for a
*Statistical Consultant - full or part time (f/m/d)*
- Management of requests for statistical advice
- Communication with customers on organizational and technical level
- Assessment of requests for effort and difficulty
- Conducting statistical consultation
- Writing statistical reports for applications for animal experiment
- Designing and teaching statistics courses at different levels
- Studies (preferably with PhD degree) of mathematics, statistics,
bioinformatics, epidemiology or related subjects
- Very good knowledge in statistics and, ideally, bioinformatics; esp.
in hypothesis testing, power analysis, experimental design, regression,
statistical software, functional data analysis, ideally, analysis of NGS
/ RNA data
- Experience / talent in organizational tasks
- Experience of working with life scientists
- Ideally experience in writing statistical reports for animal
- Very good language skills in English and German
- Teaching experience, ideally in statistics and statistical software
What we offer:
A challenging and versatile field of work providing you with the freedom
to follow your instinct and be creative. With the help of extensive and
goal-orientated professional development measures and career-building
programmes we encourage you to grow as a person. To ensure a good
work/life balance we assist you with flexible working hours, in-house
health management, a nursery, and an “Elder Care” concept as well as
other consultation and support options.
Munich, with its numerous lakes and its vicinity to the Alps, is
considered to be one of the cities with the best quality of life
worldwide. With its first-class universities and research institutes it
offers an intellectually stimulating environment.
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage
agreement for public-sector employees at federal level (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years, but under certain
circumstances an extension can be arranged.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of
opportunity. To increase the share of women in management positions we
very much welcome the respective applications. Qualified applicants with
physical disabilities will be given preference.
Curious? If you have further questions, simply contact Prof. Dr.
Christiane Fuchs (email@example.com) who will be
happy to be of assistance.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online
application. Please attach the following documents to your application:
curriculum vitae, references and certificates, two letters of
recommendation and a letter of motivation detailing your fit.
Link to online advertisement and application portal: