Research position (Postdoc) available in Emmy Noether group in Statistical Learning at HU Berlin
The working group of Statistics at Humboldt University of Berlin invites
*1 Postdoctoral research fellow (full-time employment, 3 years)
to contribute to the research on mathematical and statistical aspects of
(Bayesian) learning approaches. The research positions are associated with
the Emmy Noether group Regression Models beyond the Mean – A Bayesian
Approach to Machine Learning and working group of Applied Statistics at the
School of Business and Economics at Humboldt-Universität Berlin.
Opportunities for own scientific qualification career development are
e=en for an overview and further links. The position is to be filled at
the earliest possible date and funded by the German Research Foundation
* Ideal candidates have the following profile (Requirements):
- an outstanding degree PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
related field with specialisation in Statistic, Data Science or Mathematics;
- a strong background in at least one of the following fields: mathematical
statistics, computational methods, Bayesian statistics, statistical
learning, advanced regression modelling; mathematical understanding desired.
- substantial experience in scientific programming with Matlab, Python,
C/C++, R or similar;
- strong interest in developing novel statistical methodology and its
applications in various fields such as economics or natural and life
- a very good communication skills and team experience, proficiency of the
written and spoken English language (German is not obligatory).
* For further information please contact the project leader Prof. Dr. Nadja
Klein (nadja.klein[at]hu-berlin.de) and visit our website at
* Opportunities: We offer the unique environment of young researchers and
leading international experts in the fields. The vibrant international
network includes established collaborations in Singapore and Australia. The
positions offer potential to closely work with several applied sciences.
Information about the research profile of the research group and further
con-tact details can be found through the following link:
https://hu.berlin/ENG-StatML . The positions are paid according to the Civil
Service rates of the German States “TV-L”, E13 (if suitably qualified).
* Applications should include:
- a CV with list of publications
- a motivational statement (at most one page) explaining the applicant's
interest in the position as well as their relevant skills and experience
- copies of degrees/university transcripts
- names and email addresses of two professors that may provide letters of
recommendation directly to the hiring committee
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to:
* Application deadline: 10th of January 2020
* HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and
teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply.
Severely disabled applicants with
equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People
with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since
we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application