Research Associate / PhD Student Position at the TU Dresden (Germany)
Together with the Chair of Technology and logistics of air transport (https://tu-dresden.de/bu/verkehr/ila/ifl) as soon as possible a
Research Associate / PhD Student part-time position in the field of stochastic optimization of descent (CDO)
will be sought
More information under
The following tasks should be addressed within the framework of the PhD project:
- simulation-based and theoretical evaluation and investigation of the variables influencing the flight profile;
- adaptation of the stochastic-robust optimization methods to the modeling of the flight profiles based on the series of input variables;
- online prediction of the flight profile via considered stochastic/statistical models;
- robustness check of the results.
What we expect from you:
- superior university degree in stochastics or statistics with relevant recess in robust nonlinear optimization;
- competence in scientific computing advanced programming knowledge (R, MatLab and/or C/C++/C#)
What we offer:
- interdisciplinary on an international level, possibility of personal development at high-quality conferences;
- contract over at least 3 years;
- work in a highly motivated team;
- work with cool data!
Are you interested? We look forward for your application: Motivation Letter, CV, Performance Record (Notenspiegel) and relevant (on your opinion) certificates!