PostDoc position in SPDE at MPI MiS Leipzig
The research group "Stochastic Partial Differential Equations"(https://www.mis.mpg.de/spde/index.html) at the Max-Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS), Leipzig seeks candidates for the following PostDoc position:
Postdoctoral researcher in stochastic PDE.
The MPI MiS is located in Leipzig, Germany and cooperates with Leipzig University. Research at the MPI MiS exploits the fruitful interaction between mathematics and the sciences. We not only apply existing mathematical methods and techniques to the sciences, but also transmit the conceptual and structural approach of mathematics into new areas of research, and, vice versa, translate scientific questions and problems into mathematical challenges.
* PostDoc position (TV-L 13 at 100%), flexible starting date before 31.12.2019, running until 31.12.2020 with possible extension.
* No teaching duties, but the possibility to teach an advanced course.
* We provide a scientific environment where you are encouraged to explore new scientific directions and where you will find many partners with whom you can discuss a wide range of scientific ideas.
Interested candidates should have a background in one, or more, of the following areas:
* nonlinear PDE
* stochastic PDE
* Deadline 15th of October 2019. Note that late applications may be considered until the position is filled.
* Please submit your documents (CV, list of publications, transcript of PhD certificate, research statement, contact data of referees) using our online application form (https://application-mis.opencampus.net/) and choose “Application MPI MiS” as option
* During the application process, you will be asked for which kind of position you apply. Please choose "SPDE". Also, asked for your mentor, please choose Benjamin Gess.
* The Max-Planck society strives for gender diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max-Planck society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
If you have any questions please visit the institute's webpage (https://www.mis.mpg.de/), the webpage of Benjamin Gess (http://www.bgess.de/), or contact us at application(at)mis.mpg.de.