PostDoc Posistion at the University of St. Gallen, (Switzerland)
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St. Gallen a new
ASSISTANT / POSTDOCTORAL POSITION for research in reservoir computing
will be filled starting April 1st , 2018 or later.
This position is funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation project entitled “Novel Architectures for Photonic Reservoir Computing”. Research will be conducted under the supervision of Prof. Juan-Pablo Ortega (see http://juan-pablo-ortega.com for an overview of his current research agenda) and in collaboration with the photonics group of the IBM Research labs in Zurich. The tentative duration of the contract is 30 months.
The successful candidate will become part of a young research team, with a strong interest for the interplay between dynamical systems, machine learning, and statistical modeling, as well as for applications of those techniques to financial econometrics and physiological signal treatment. The group is located at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Mrs. Margit Albers (email@example.com) no later than March 1st, 2018.
- Ph.D. in a strongly quantitative subject: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering…
- Strong background in dynamical systems and in both deterministic and statistical modeling
- Interest for machine learning and optimization
- Knowledge in financial econometrics and/or signal treatment is a plus
- Good programming skills (Matlab, R, Python, C,…) are required
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters
- Research activity in the context of the project “Novel Architectures for Photonic Reservoir Computing”.
- Some teaching support at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics at various levels.