PhD student (75%, Biostatistics) in beautiful Magdeburg
Job-Posting of a phd-position (75% TV-L 13) for 3 years as part of the Research Training Group MathCore in Magdeburg
Hereby, I search a phD student for Magdeburg's Research Training Group MathCore which combines the expertise from the Faculty of Mathematics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology and the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems.
- The phD project is about novel inference procedures in (Bio-)Statistics. Various directions, such as survival analysis, multiple testing, resampling strategies, robust inference, functional data and missing values, are possible and can be chosen regarding the strength of the student.
- Nice, friendly and young working environment in beautiful Magdeburg with a lot of green areas, the river Elbe with different nice bicycle routes, cheap living costs and a lot of different interesting places close by, e.g., Berlin, Potsdam and the Harz for hiking.
- This is a pure research position with no teaching duties. It may be possible to upgrade the position temporarily to 100% when the candidate supports us in teaching (however, this is primarily possible for German speaking courses).
- It is mandatory to participate regularily at the weekly MathCore seminar and to give, at least, once a year a talk about the progress of the phD project.
- Scientific university degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing), speaking German is not necessary.
- Good knowledge in a least one of the previous mentioned statistical topics related to the planned phD project
- Knowledge or, at least, interest in programming (preferably in R).
Starting data: at earliest convenience
Application Deadline: 25th September 2022
Salary level: part time 75% in the renumeration level 13 TV-L
Contact: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Marc Ditzhaus (email@example.com)