PhD Positions in Economics CHAIR OF INTEGRATIVE RISK MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS
The Chair of Integrative Risk Management and Economics (Prof. A. Bommier) at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) invites applications for two Doctoral positions in Economics.
Supervision of a doctoral thesis in applied theory related to the economics of risk and insurance
- Development of an international research record
- Opportunity to be part of a vivid research group
- Top-ranked economics department
- Flexible choice of PhD level courses at ETH as well as other top universities
- Possibility to apply for the Swiss Program for Beginning Doctoral Students in Economics at the Study Center Gerzensee. Competitive salary
- Background in economics or related fields (Masters level, completed or nearly completed)
- Solid background in economic theory or mathematics
- Desire to conduct doctoral research in: pension economics / the economics of risk and insurance / economic demography / health economics / public economics / financial economics/ environmental economics
- Motivation to support chair activities -Fluency in English
Applicants should hold (or have nearly completed) a degree at the Master's level in Economics or related fields and be willing to work on the economics of risk and insurance, or related fields such as pension economics, economic demography, health economics, public economics or environmental economics. We expect a solid quantitative/mathematical background, related either to economic theory or to econometric methods.
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV, a transcript of grades and a 1-2 pages statement of motivation, including your research interests (a thorough research proposal is not expected at this stage). Please have two letters of recommendation sent to us directly via email to:
The starting date is flexible, but would most likely be September 1, 2020. The application deadline is March 31, 2020.
Please visit http://www.irme.ethz.ch for further information.