PhD Candidate (m/f/d) in Computational Systems Medicine at Uni Mainz
The Clinical Epidemiology and Systems Medicine group at the UMC Mainz invites applications for a PhD position in Computational Systems Medicine:
PhD Candidate (m/f/d) in Computational Systems Medicine
Topic: Multi-omics data integration for studying complex cardiovascular diseases and their associated comorbidities in large human cohort studies
Employer: University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
* Investigation of molecular processes and markers associated with complex cardiovascular diseases (e.g. heart failure), their heterogeneity, comorbidities, and molecular progression paths based on repeatedly sampled disease-specific human cohort studies
* Multi-dimensional and pathway-integrating analysis of multifaceted data (proteomics, metabolomics/lipidomics, transcriptomics, genomics, phenotypic/clinical) using state-of-the-art and newly developed algorithms
* Detection and comparison of disease subtypes for the development of personalized medicine in prevention, prognosis, and treatment
* Master degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, Biomathematics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Biomedical engineering or a related area
* Strong interests in human biomedicine (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity) and multi-dimensional data analysis
* Programming experience in R, python, or similar programming languages
* Sound statistical knowledge and experience in handling bioinformatics databases and tools
* Good communication skills and fluency in English
* Structured and independent work attitude
* An interesting research project at the forefront of computational biomedicine related to cardiometabolic diseases.
* Access to several large and deeply phenotyped human cohort studies with high level of standardization and extensive multi-omics datasets
* A professional and cooperative work environment in a highly interdisciplinary research team
* A three year employment with salary according to the German public service salary scale TV-L E13, 65%
* A stimulating scientific environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development
* Opportunities for child care (limited places available)
* Job ticket for public transport
For further information please contact Dr. rer. nat. Michael Lenz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Philipp Wild (email@example.com).
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application, including motivation letter, CV, recommendation letters, and copies of your diploma(s) and transcripts (high-school, bachelor, master) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.