Opening for Doctoral student or Postdoctoral researcher at TUM (Risk & Insurance / Financial Mathematics)
The research group Risk & Insurance / Financial Mathematics at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) has an opening for
## Doctoral students (f/m/d) or Postdoctoral researchers (f/m/d) ##
starting in autumn 2020 (exact starting date is flexible).
The student/postdoc will work with Prof. Matthias Scherer / Prof. Rudi Zagst on a project funded by the ERGO Center of Excellence in Insurance. The research is in Actuarial Science / Risk Management / Financial Mathematics.
- Master's/PhD degree in (Financial-)Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Strong mathematical preparation and interest
- Good computational skills (e.g., in R)
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a formal requirement)
Applications and inquiries should be sent to Bettina Haas <email@example.com>. Please send your application as a single PDF file and include
- brief statement on the applicant's interests and experience,
- CV (including a possible list of publications and the contact info of two academic references),
- university transcripts.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
The review of applications will begin in September 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
Matthias Scherer and Rudi Zagst