Open PhD position at the University of Geneva
The Research Center for Statistics at the Geneva School of Economics and
Management invites applications for the following position opening
February 1, 2020.
Research and Teaching Assistant in Statistics (100%)
Research Center for Statistics, University of Geneva
The PhD student will work together with Prof. Sebastian Engelke on
research projects related to the SNSF Eccellenza grant "Graph
structures, sparsity and high-dimensional inference for extremes".
In addition to working on her/his research, the successful candidate
will act as teaching assistant.
Profile of the candidate
- Master degree in Statistics or Mathematics.
- Background or strong interest in one of the following fields: extreme
value theory, graphical models, causal inference.
- Proficiency in English.
- Type of appointment: Full time (100%) fixed term appointment; hired on
a 1-year contract renewable for a maximum duration span of 4 years
- Starting date: February 1, 2020 or upon agreement
- Employment conditions and remuneration in accordance with the
standards of the University of Geneva, Switzerland.
For further information please contact Prof. Sebastian Engelke
Application documents must include:
- A motivation letter;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Copies of Bachelor and Master degrees;
- Copies of grades obtained during Master studies;
- Contact details of one potential reference, who can be contacted for
Please send these documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.