Open PhD and Postdoc Positions - Mathematical Statistics at TUM
The research group for Mathematical Statistics at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) has several openings for
Ph.D. students or Postdoctoral researchers
starting October 1, 2020.
The students/postdocs will work with Prof. Mathias Drton on a project funded by a grant from the European Research Council. The project ("Graphical Models for Complex Multivariate Data") explores algebraic and statistical issues related to latent variables and feedback loops in graphical/causal models. Possible research topics include algebraic and geometric aspects of graphical models, parameter identification and issues of model equivalence, statistical methods for model selection and causal discovery.
- Master's/PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong mathematical preparation and interest in Statistics
- Good computational skills (e.g., in R)
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German is not a requirement)
Applications and inquiries should be sent to Mathias Drton <email@example.com>, with subject line "ERC PhD" or "ERC Postdoc". Applications should be sent as a single PDF file and include
- brief statement on the applicant's interests and experience,
- CV (including a possible list of publications and the contact info of two academic references),
- university transcripts.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
The review of applications will begin on May 4, 2020 and continue until the positions are filled.