Fulltime (40h/week) 2+3 years Postdoc Position Dependence Modeling and Nonparametric Statistics University of Salzburg
Fulltime (40h/week) 2+3 years Postdoc Position Dependence Modeling and Nonparametric Statistics University of SalzburgThe Department of Artificial Intelligence and Human Interfaces (AIHI) seeks to fill a full-time PhD-position.
The successful candidate will become part of a very active research group in dependence modeling, will pursue basic and applied research in dependence modeling and nonparametric statistics and collaborate in applied projects (with companies or other university departments) of the interdisciplinary IDA Lab Salzburg (https://www.plus.ac.at/aihi/der-fachbereich/ida-lab/).
IDA Lab Salzburg
IDA Lab Salzburg Das IDA Lab Salzburg (Lab for Intelligent Data Analytics) ist ein Kompetenzzentrum für Grundlagen- und angewandte Forschung, sowie für Wissens- und Technologietransfer in den Bereiche
• Minimum gross monthly salary: EUR 4.061,50 (paid 14 times per year), with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
• Duration of employment: 2+3 years (extension of 3 years after positive evaluation after year two)
• Starting date: January/February 2023
• Extent of employment: 40 hours/week
• Hours of employment: to be agreed
• Job Description: Basic and applied research in the field of probability theory and nonparametric statistics with a focus on Dependence Modeling. Independent research activity (basic and applied research), including the writing and publishing of scientific research articles in international peer-review journals and active contribution in applied projects of the IDA Lab Salzburg.
• Profile: The applicants should have completed their PhD in mathematics or statistics focussing on dependence modeling or nonparametric statistics and be experienced R-users.
• Welcome additional qualifications: Excellent academic achievement; solid understanding in mathematical statistics and basics of machine learning; non-university project experience; excellent command of written and spoken English
• Personality: The successful candidate has a high level of responsibility and intrinsic motivation, a commitment to scientific research, is independent and reliable, willing to engage in further education and a team player.
Please submit your written application to Prof. Wolfgang Trutschnig, email@example.com, no later than November 20 2022 and include the following documents: CV, certificates and a onepage letter of motivation. Information on the position will be provided by Wolfgang Trutschnig either per telephone at +43 662 8044 5326 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.