Faculty position (Associate professor) at Telecom Paris, France
Telecom Paris’s Machine Learning, Statistics and Signal Processing Group (a.k.a S2A group) within the Information Processing and Communication Laboratory (french acronym LTCI) is inviting applications for a permanent (indefinite tenure) faculty position at the *Associate Professor* level (Maitre de Conferences) in *Probability and Statistics for Data Science and AI*.
As a minimum requirement, the successful candidate will have:
- A PhD degree.
- A track record of research and publication in one or more of the following areas: applied probability, statistics, machine learning.
- Experience in teaching.
- Good command of English.
The ideal candidate will also (optionally) have:
- Experience in temporal data analysis problems (sequence prediction, multivariate time series, probabilistic graphical models, recurrent neural networks...).
The candidate does *not* need to speak French to apply, just to be willing to learn the language (teaching will be mostly given in English).
The application should include:
- A complete and detailed curriculum vitae.
- A letter of motivation.
- A document detailing past activities of the candidate in teaching and research: the two types of activities will be described with the same level of detail and rigor.
- The texts of the main publications.
- The names and addresses of two referees.
- A short teaching project and a research project (maximum 3 pages).
Applications are to be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Application deadline: April 10, 2020
Hearings of preselected candidates: May, 2020
Stephan Clémençon (Head of the S2A group) firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaël Richard (Head of the IDS department) email@example.com
For the full position description see: