Call for expression of interest for various positions in the Math Department-Politecnico di Milano
Thanks to the award of “Excellence Department” obtained from the Italian Ministery (MUR), the Department of Mathematics, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (www.mate.polimi.it) is seeking expressions of interest for Associate or Full Professor (permanent position) and tenured-track positions, to be covered starting from 2023 by outstanding scientists.
Candidates in all areas of pure and applied mathematics will be considered and are invited to submit their files (see below). In particular, candidates with research interests related to the topics below are particularly welcome:
- mathematical analysis, functional analysis, PDEs in fluid mechanics, elasticity, fluid-structure interactions
- mathematics for quantum mechanics with attention to its analytical, geometrical and probabilistic features
- development and analysis of differential models (PDEs) and their numerical implementation, focusing on some applications to sustainable development issues and biomedicine. Some experience in scientific computing, high-performance computing, or the application of scientific machine learning to this class of problems is appreciated.
Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the activities of the Department, in particular by doing:
- Research, by developing/defining research projects, attracting funding, and disseminating their results through top-level publications.
- Teaching, by offering courses for approximately 120 hrs per year (this translates to 2 courses per year) to students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Management, by serving in committees and boards of our university.
Candidates applying for professorship must have obtained the Italian national habilitation (ASN) for associate/full professor (see http://abilitazione.miur.it/public/index.php for applications), or must already hold an equivalent certified academic position.
Salary is conformal to national standards. Taxes reduction may apply for 5 or more years according to the Italian rules.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit via the link
the following material (one single compressed file):
- a curriculum vitae (maximum length 5 pages)
- a complete list of publications
- research statement (maximum length 2 pages)
- a short letter explaining their interest in working in Italy and, in particular, at the Department of Mathematics, Politecnico di Milano (maximum length 1 page)
Applications to be considered should reach within April 21, 2023, 5 pm (CET time). The official email of the procedure is email@example.com
Please note that this is a call for interest only, and not a job vacancy advertisement, and that the Department can decide on its own whether or not to open a position and at which level. The actual selection for a position will be based on a public selection procedure pursuant art. 18, comma 1 and 4, of Italian Law 240/2010