Biostatistics position at the German Cancer Research Center (Heidelberg)
The Division of Biostatistics at the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is seeking a
The Division of Biostatistics provides statistical support for all scientific duties of the DKFZ. Our field of activity spans from biostatistical consulting and statistical analysis of biomedical data to the development of complex methods for specific scientific questions. The application of new techniques in the rapidly evolving field of biomedical research necessitates research for novel biostatistical methods to enable adequate data analysis.
The department offers:
- A two-year position with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), where you will join a capable and dedicated team of statisticians engaged in collaborative projects involving clinical and laboratory cancer research in cooperation with a variety of interesting clients, both internal and external.
- A competent and friendly Biostatistics division situated in beautiful Heidelberg
- State-of-the-art statistical support individually tailored to each project. We analyze data ranging from high-dimensional genetic and other molecular origin to in vitro studies and clinical trials. Our team strives to be at the forefront of interdisciplinary research and applied statistics.
- A chance to contribute to the advancement of cancer research.
- The freedom to develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real life applications.
- Biostatistical support for clinical trials, with a specific focus on biomarker- and/or genomic-driven trials
- Development and application of novel biostatistical analysis strategies
- Consulting and support for design and conduct of various research projects
- Development and application of statistical regression models based on clinical and biomolecular input data for the identification of prognostic and predictive biomarkers
- Master's / Diploma / PhD in (bio-)statistics, mathematics or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
- Experience with the analysis of clinical or biomolecular data is an advantage
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably with R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.
The position can in principle be part-time.
The DKFZ is subject to the regulations of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG).
As a consequence, only persons who present proof of immunity against measles as well as against COVID-19 may work at the DKFZ.
Axel Benner, phone +49 (0) 6221 42-2390
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (https://www.dkfz.de/en/stellenangebote/index.php).
The DKFZ is committed to increase the proportion of women in all areas and positions in which women are underrepresented. Qualified female applicants are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.