ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS AT UNI ST. GALLEN
At the Department of Economics of the University of St.Gallen a new
ASSISTANT/Ph.D. POSITION in FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS
will be filled starting at the earliest day possible.
The position is part of the Chair of Financial Econometrics held by Prof. Dr. Matthias Fengler. The candidates for this position are expected to start a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance (PEF) at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
The position is part of the research team in Financial Econometrics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics of the University of St.Gallen (http://www.mathstat.unisg.ch). Therefore a strong interest in theoretical and empirical topics of Finance and Economics as well as a strong background in quantitative methods are expected (see also Prof. M. Fengler’s website https://mathstat.unisg.ch/en/chairs/financialeconometrics/).
Applications for the position should be sent by e-mail to Dr. Margit Albers (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than July 27th, 2019. Essential: For a prior check whether your academic CV is compatible with the University's admission regulations please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master’s degree in Economics or in Finance (good knowledge in Econometrics or Statistics is essential); or: Master’s degree in Mathematics or in Statistics (good knowledge in Economics and Finance is essential).
- Willingness to write a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance at the University of St.Gallen (http://www.pef.unisg.ch).
- Strong interest in Financial Statistics and Econometrics.
- Interest in Big Data applications.
The application package must contain:
- Motivation letter
- Complete Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation sent by two authors to email@example.com