5 PhD positions in Graz, Austria
The Doctoral Program ”Discrete Mathematics” has 5 open PhD positions for an advanced PhD training and research program in the following subprojects.
• Point Distributions and Fractal Analysis (P. Grabner)
• Additive Theory, Zero-Sum Theory and Non-Unique Factorizations (A. Geroldinger)
• Subdivision in Nonlinear Geometries, and Discrete Differential Geometry (J. Wallner)
• Additive Combinatorics, Number theory, Extremal Combinatorics (Ch. Elsholtz)
• Computational Geometry and Topology (M. Kerber)
The doctoral program is run jointly by
• Graz University of Technology,
• University of Graz,
• University of Leoben.
It is funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) and the supporting universities. The PhD positions are offered for up to 4 years with a gross salary of 29.600 EUR per year (30 hours per week). Optional teaching is compensated separately. There is additional funding for extended stays abroad. The official language is English.
For details about the research projects as well as the formal application criteria, see
A selection of candidates will be invited for an interview in autumn, 2019.
Applications should be sent by September 22 via e-mail to
to the coordinators of the doctoral program.
W. Woess (speaker)
and the coordinators